Who should attend?
• Finance directors, CFOs, FCs
• Management and financial accountants
• Consultants, contracting accountants
This course, delivered in conjunction with CAANZ, is based on best practice examples and implementation guidelines.
This course will help financial controllers, finance managers and corporate
accountants learn how to adopt lean finance team better practices—and become
more effective, future-ready and create a positive footprint within their organisation.
Why spend months on an annual planning process you know is flawed? Why spend
precious time on an annual report recasting numbers that were available the first
week of the New Year? Why spend a week or so on the monthly finance report
when it can be completed within three working days?
Finance teams need to embrace the lean movement, slimming down all of their processes so they can be less locked in the past and become “warriors against waste” and adopters of the profound lean practices (such as Post-it Re-engineering, Scrum and Kanban).
Save over 30% of the finance team’s workload within three months of attending the workshop
What you will learn…
- How to report month-end results faster — within three working days
- Move from a three-month to a two-week annual plan
- How to get your annual accounts signed off within three weeks
- Lean reporting — eye-catching A3 and more persuasive one-page summaries, daily and weekly report templates
- Reduce accounts payable volume by 60%
- Quality assurance processes to guarantee error-free reporting
- Learn about the top seven technologies you need to embrace
- How to get continuous improvement (Kaizen) in the finance team
- Ten ways to improve your time management
- Apply lean methods to transform the finance team (Scrum, Kanban, post-it re-engineering)
- Save hundreds of hours every year from your month-end reporting, annual accounts and annual budget process
- Find out how to use lean methods such as quarterly rolling forecasting, planning tools and paperless board papers
- Solve performance issues such as ineffective KPIs, poor reporting, and costly re-organisations
- Learn the “soft skills” to enhance your leadership; your recruiting success rate and your ability to sell and lead change
- Receive an electronic version of the toolkit in David’s latest book (valued at $150).
Each attendee will receive over 60 electronic templates to kickstart implementation
“It was the best day’s training I have had since my ICAEW training as there was so much actionable content”
DAVID PARMENTER is a writer, facilitator and an international presenter who is known for his thought-provoking and lively sessions that have led to substantial change in many organisations.
David has delivered workshops in 31 countries. He is a regular writer for the Accounting & Business magazine, ACCA; and the Finance & Management Faculty Journal, ICAEW.
“This workshop was the most interesting and engaging accounting course I have done in a long while… possibly ever!”Jill SolomonFinance Manager, New Zealand Green Building Council
“I thought your presentations were outstanding, the best I’ve seen of that ilk for a long time and I’ve seen a few. You have great ideas and wonderful presentation skills.”Chris HannanPrincipal Consultant Inside Info Pty Ltd
“Thank you again for the delivery of a fantastic workshop. You will be pleased to hear that we have already started the process of re-engineering our month end processes.”Glenn Boyes Group Financial Controller, Argenta Manufacturing Ltd
“I attended David’s thought-provoking course on ‘A journey to a lean accounting function’. We took away and used the one A3 page CEO financial report and the ‘post-it’ re-engineering. The benefits derived from these two implementations were worth more than the course fee alone. I would recommend this course to all corporate accountants.”Caroline MillerFinancial Controller, French Country Collections Limited
“Previously we were (if we were lucky) managing to finalise end of month by the 15th of the month (i.e. day 11 - give or take). After attending your workshop we have managed to complete June end of month for all 6 entities by day 3 and a half. So I just wanted to say a big thanks! The impossible now seems possible.”Melissa O'BrienAccountant, MRC SPF Pty Ltd, Western Australia
Cancellations up to two weeks prior to the workshop .
Bookings can be cancelled with a 10% administration surcharge up to 2 weeks before the course, all course papers sent as a final settlement, another person can be sent as a substitute or the fee paid can be carried forward to another course.
Cancellations within the last two weeks.
Another person can be sent as a substitute, all course papers sent as the final settlement, or the fee paid can be carried forward to another course. In all cases, fee is payable within the original stated dates in the brochure